AG百家乐怎么稳赢

AG真人百家乐线路 PBS地球 阵势幻化- 大泰西洋流减缓的最好根据

发布日期:2024-09-04 08:03    点击次数:108

- So we are looking at the 10 year flood map in Florida.

是以我们正在检察佛罗里达州的十年一遇激流舆图。

So this is 10 year floods plus sea level rise.

是以这是10年一遇的激流加上海平面高涨。

Yeah, so it looks like literally everything around us will be underwater by the end of the century in a pretty normal flood.

是的,看起来到本世纪末,在一场额外平日的激流中,我们周围的一切王人将实确凿在地被灭亡在水中。

There's some residential homes here.

这里有一些住宅。

Actually a lot of neighborhoods here.

这里其实有许多社区。

I mean, I'm even seeing a crane there.

我的道理是,我以致在那里看到了一台起重机。

There's a huge apartment complex that looks like it's about to be built.

那里有一个看起来行将动工的大型公寓楼。

Now these people that live in these houses are, they're gonna have to find somewhere to live by the end of the century.

当今这些住在这些屋子里的东谈主,他们将在本世纪末之前不得不找到其他地点居住。

In episode one, we talked about tipping elements that are already underway.

在第一集会,我们推断了已经开动发生的临界要素。

Coral reefs and permafrost are being lost on massive scales.

珊瑚礁和始终冻土正以大界限的速率灭亡。

In this episode, we're gonna explore the harder to observe tipping points that could leave our planet and civilization fundamentally unrecognizable.

在本集会,我们将探讨那些难以察觉的临界点,这些临界点可能使我们的地球和好意思丽变得修葺一新。

I'm Maiya May and I'm fascinated by our dynamic planet, our weather, and our climate.

我是梅娅·梅,对我们这颗充满活力的星球、它的天气以及阵势深深奥迷。

What began as a career in broadcast meteorology has become a mission to figure out where we are, - Oh my God!

我叫迈亚·梅, 对我们这个充满活力的星球、天气以及阵势深感沉迷。 正本看成播送景观学的奇迹, 现已演变为一项职责,旨在探明我们身处何方——天哪! ——以及在我们告别这段漫长而褂讪的阵势时期, 插足“曲棍球杆” 期间之际,我们将走向何方。

- and where we're going as we leave this long, stable climate period and enter the hockey stick era.

- 当我们告别这段漫长而褂讪的阵势时期,插足“曲棍球杆”期间时,我们将何去何从。

So join me on the ocean, in a plane, and in a tiny southern town as I learn what our future will look like.

是以请和我一齐,在海洋上,在飞机上,以及在一个小小的南边小镇里,了解我们的将来将会是什么相貌。

Because we are truly at a climate crossroads.

因为我们照实站在了阵势变化的十字街头。

Whether or not we halt our planet's warming, our future will look unlike anything you can imagine.

不管我们是否能艰涩地球变暖,我们的将来王人将迥异于你所能联想的一切。

- Hello.

- 你好。

- Hey.

嘿嘿。

So good to meet you.

很鼎沸见到你。

- I'm Maiya.

我是麦雅。

- I'm Lisa Beal.

我是丽莎·比尔。

- Nice to meet you.

很鼎沸见到你。

This is an awesome ship.

这是一艘极好的船。

This is our research vessel, Walton Smith.

这是我们的辩论船,沃尔顿史姑娘号。

The really cool thing about the Walton Smith, she's kind of small, but she has a super low draft, so we can take her in really snug places like in the Florida Bay for our crews.

沃尔顿·史姑娘号最酷的小数在于,固然她体型较小, 却领有极浅的吃水深度,这使得我们能够将她驶入像佛罗里达湾这么狭小而隐敝的水域, 为我们的团队提供便利。

We're gonna go out to the center of the Florida Straits though, so in the teeth of the Gulf Stream.

不外,我们将赶赴佛罗里达海峡的中心,也就是直面墨西哥暖流。

- The Gulf Stream is a powerful surface current and a vital component of the largest heat transfer on Earth: The Atlantic Meridional Overturning Circulation, or AMOC.

墨西哥湾流是一股强壮的上层洋流,是地球上最大的热传输系统——大泰西经向 overturning 环流(AMOC)的遑急构成部分。

The AMOC, acts as a global conveyor belt moving warm, surface water north and cold, deep water south, helping to regulate our global climate.

大泰西经向翻转环流(AMOC)如并吞条全球传送带,将蔼然的上层水向北输送, 同期将阴寒的深层水向南蛊惑,从而协助调动全球阵势。

Recently the AMOC has gotten a lot of attention because climate models suggests that the rapid melting of the Greenland ice sheet should lead to this circulation's disruption or even collapse, a scenario with almost unimaginable consequences - If the AMOC tips, well, where I live, the climate suddenly gets incredibly greater seasonality, cold, harsh winters and even hotter summers.

最近,大泰西经向翻转环流(AMOC)引起了平日柔软, 因为阵势模子显现, 格陵兰冰盖的速即融解可能导致这一环流的中断以致崩溃,后来果险些难以联想。 要是AMOC发生改变,在我居住的地点, 阵势将短暂呈现出极大的季节性变化,冬季阴寒彻骨, 夏日则愈加炽热。 但是,我最为担忧的是热带地区, 因为西非的季风可能会灭亡, 这将是一场东谈主谈主义不幸。

But I'd be most concerned in the tropics because we would potentially lose the monsoon in West Africa, which would be a humanitarian catastrophe.

但我最担忧的是热带地区, 因为那里可能失去西非的季风,这将是一场东谈主谈主义不幸。

And also disrupt the monsoon in India severely, which is the livelihoods of over a billion people.

同期,这也将严重侵犯印度的季风,而季风是杰出十亿东谈主的活命所在。

And it also disrupts the rainfall over the Amazon.

并侵犯亚马逊地区的降雨。

So threatens this crucial harbor of biodiversity and indigenous peoples.

因此,这要道的生物各样性与原住民的坦护所也濒临威迫。

And also when the AMOC tips, it raises a sea level around large parts of the North Atlantic.

当AMOC系统失衡时,它会导致北大泰西大部分地区的海平面高涨。

And then what's happening is it's leaving heat behind in the Southern ocean.

随后发生的情况是,它将热量淹留在了南大洋。

So it's risking bringing forward the tipping points for the Antarctica sheets.

是以它正冒着提前触发南极冰盖临界点的风险。

- Not only do climate models suggest that global warming should disrupt the AMOC, but scientists also believe that during past periods of significant warming, such as the transition out of the last ice age, the AMOC may have significantly weakened or even shut down entirely.

- 阵势模子不仅预示全球变暖会侵犯大泰西经向翻转环流(AMOC),科学家们还觉得, 在往常显赫变暖的时期,比如从上一个冰期过渡出来时,AMOC可能已经大幅减弱, 以致完全关闭。

The problem is that determining if this process has already started again, has proven to be very tricky because we only have about 20 years of direct observational data on the AMOC.

问题在于, 笃定这也曾由是否已经再次开动黑白常辣手的,因为我们只消爽直20年的AMOC径直不雅测数据。

But Lisa and her colleague Chris may have found a solution.

但丽莎和她的共事克里斯可能找到了惩办办法。

- In the future under global warming.

- 在全球变暖的将来。

The large scale Atlantic Meridional Overturning Circulation will reduce with climate change.

大泰西经向翻转环流将在阵势变化的影响下减弱。

That I think we're all agreed on.

我觉得这小数我们寰球王人有共鸣。

What there's more ambiguity on is whether the overturning circulation has already weakened.

我们更不笃定的是翻转环流是否已经减弱。

- And this is where the Gulf Stream comes in.

而这恰是墨西哥湾流发达作用的地点。

Since the Gulf Stream is a key surface current within the AMOC, any signs of its slowing down could indicate that the AMOC itself is losing strength.

由于墨西哥湾流是AMOC中的一个要道上层洋流,任何其减缓的迹象王人可能标明AMOC自己正在减弱。

And in a groundbreaking study, Chris and Lisa found a way to extend the observational record of the Gulf Stream by decades using underwater telecommunication cables.

在一项创举性的辩论中,克里斯和丽莎找到了一种方法,欺诈水下通讯电缆将墨西哥湾流的不雅测记载延迟了几十年。

- We combined number of different observational data sets to look at how the strength of the Gulf Stream has changed over the last 40 or 50 years.

我们将多个不同的不雅测数据集会合起来,以辩论往常40或50年间墨西哥湾流强度的变化。

And you know, we believe, we found, statistically we found a robust weakening.

你知谈,我们敬佩,我们发现,从统计学上看,我们发现了一个显赫的减弱趋势。

- That finding allows researchers to compare what the models say about the AMOC.

- 这一发现使辩论东谈主员能够将模子对大泰西经向翻转环流(AMOC)的预测与执行不雅测进行比拟。

With the observations of the Gulf Stream.

通过不雅察墨西哥湾流的数据。

- Over this same four decade period where the climate models unambiguously say we should have seen weakening, we do see a comparable weakening in the observations of the Gulf Stream.

在通常的四十年期间,阵势模子明确默示我们应该不雅察到减弱,我们照实看到了对墨西哥湾流不雅察到的雷同减弱。

- You know, we put those together and say it's likely that that weakening in the Gulf Stream is related to a weakening the AMOC.

你知谈,我们将这些信息结合起来,觉得墨西哥湾流的减弱很可能与AMOC的减弱关系。

And so maybe we're actually observing for the first time a robust signal, a robust weakening in the overturning.

也许我们正在初次不雅察到一个强盛的信号,即一个强盛的环流减弱。

- Lisa and her team are also trying to learn about a local impact of this weakening: sea level rise.

丽莎和她的团队也在试图了解这种减弱的局部影响:海平面高涨。

- What we're putting out in the next couple of days is the three moorings here.

我们接下来几天将布放的是这里的三个系泊装配。

They're gonna measure the carbon and the nutrients and the pH. - Gotcha, gotcha.

它们将测量碳、养分物资和pH值。——主见了,主见了。

- And these guys in between are gonna give us the temperature salinity fluxes, the heat content, and the sea level.

- 这些位于中间的开发将为我们提供温度、盐度通量、热含量和海平面数据。

- This data, this research is really gonna help you figure out how the Gulf Stream and the changes in the Gulf Stream might affect Florida.

这些数据和辩论将匡助你了解墨西哥湾流过甚变化可能何如影响佛罗里达。

- Yeah, we are hoping to answer some of those questions as well.

- 是的,我们也但愿能解答其中一些问题。

So some of these moorings that we've put in, we're gonna be able to measure how much water there is, you know, above those instruments.

是以我们摈弃的一些锚系,将能够测量仪器上方有若干水。

And that's gonna give us the sea surface height, the sea level.

这将给我们提供海面高度,也就是海平面。

- And the sea, it turns out, is far from level.

- 事实解说,海洋远非平坦。

It's full of hills bumps and craters.

它满布着丘陵、特出与坑洼。

And the most significant reason is ocean currents.

而最遑急的原因是洋流。

- There is an intimate connection between the flow of the Gulf Stream and the height of sea level all along the U.S. southeastern coast.

墨西哥湾流的流动与好意思国东南沿海的海平面高度有着密切的筹商。

It's continually being deflected to the side by the effective Earth's rotation.

地球自转的灵验作用劲继续地将它偏转向一侧。

It turns out that how much that deflection force affects ocean water depends on two things.

原来,这种偏转力对海水的影响程度取决于两个身分。

One is earth's rotation, and the other is how fast the ocean currents are moving.

一个是地球的自转,另一个是海洋洋流的转移速率。

The faster the ocean water moves, the more of a deflection to the side you get.

海洋水流得越快,侧向偏转就越大。

- And while the Gulf stream is mostly powered by the wind, the larger flow of the AMOC also plays a crucial role.

- 尽管墨西哥湾流主要由风力驱动,但更大界限的AMOC流动也起着要道作用。

If it were to collapse, the Gulf Stream could slow enough to add an additional three feet of sea level rise.

若其崩溃,墨西哥湾流可能减缓到足以使海平面额外高涨三英尺的程度。

In places like Miami.

在像迈阿密这么的地点。

- We do not want to be playing Russian roulette with the Atlantic Overturning Circulation.

- 我们不但愿与大泰西翻转环流玩俄罗斯轮盘赌。

And it's, it's like a crazy experiment we seem to be doing, but it's, its consequences are so dangerous that we need to do everything in our power to try and limit the risk of this tipping point.

这就像我们正在进行一个猖獗的实验,但后来果是如斯危急, 我们需要尽一切可能来尝试放肆这个临界点的风险。

- We don't know the level of warming that will push this system past the point of no return, but we do know that as we move further and further away from our historically stable climate, we risk triggering more tipping points like the collapse of the AMOC.

- 我们并不表现气温高涨到何种程度会使得这个系统越过无法逆转的临界点,但我们的确知谈, 跟着我们牢固远隔历史上褂讪的阵势气象,我们濒临触发更多临界点的风险, 比如大泰西经向翻转环流(AMOC)的崩溃。 按照面前预测的2.7摄氏度升温旅途, 亚马逊雨林的退化、格陵兰和南极冰盖的失控融解等不幸性事件王人有可能发生。

Things like the dieback of the Amazon rainforest or the runaway melt of the Greenland and Antarctic ice sheets are all possible on our current projected path of 2.7 degrees of warming.

像亚马逊雨林的枯萎或格陵兰和南极冰盖的失控融解,在我们面前预测的升温2.7摄氏度的旅途上王人是有可能发生的。

And I'd rather not find out which of those lines we cross first.

我甘心不去探究我们来源会跨越哪条界线。

So I headed to a tiny town of just 122 residents in rural Georgia that might have the solution that I'm looking for.

于是,我赶赴乔治亚州乡村一个仅有122位住户的小镇,那里好像藏有我寻觅的谜底。

- Hello, hello.

你好,你好。

- Hey Maiya.

- 嘿,麦雅。

- How are you?

你好吗?

We are in Desoto, Georgia.

我们在佐治亚州的德索托。

This definitely reminds me of my grandmother's house going up to Twinsburg, Ohio.

这照实让我想起了去俄亥俄州 twinsburg 时经过的祖母家。

So how do we solve climate change, in your opinion?

那么,依你之见,我们该何如惩办阵势变化问题呢?

- Well, I mean it's pretty simple.

- 嗯,我是说这其实挺浅易的。

We just have to electrify everything.

我们只需将一切电气化。

- Ari's nonprofit, Rewiring America, is on a mission to do just that because once we power everything with electricity, we can get our energy from renewable sources.

阿里创办的非牟利组织“重连好意思国”正竭力于好意思满这一主见, 因为一朝我们用电力驱动一切,我们就不错从可再生能源中取得能量。

- Here's the climate future, Maiya.

这就是阵势的将来,梅娅。

- This is it.

- 这就是将来。

- This is it.

- 就是这个。

- I don't know what I was expecting, but yeah, this is, this is, it's not an electric car.

- 我不知谈我期待的是什么,但照实,这就是,这就是,它不是一辆电动车。

- Here's your future today.

- 这就是你今天所期待的将来。

- Yes.

- 是的。

- Yeah, this is the heat pump.

- 是的,这是热泵。

- Today most homes in the US still use natural gas, but a heat pump runs on electricity and the more homes that adopt them, the less gas we burn.

如今,好意思国大多数家庭仍依赖自然气供暖,但是,热泵以电力为驱动, 跟着越来越多家庭选用这一工夫,我们烧毁的自然气将随之减少。

- So Desoto is this community that has welcomed us in to basically create a conversation at kitchen tables here in town about how they can benefit from more efficient electric appliances to help them live more comfortably, save money on their bills, and actually while doing it tackle the climate crisis.

因此,德索托是一个接待我们插足的社区, 我们在这里的餐桌旁张开对话, 探讨何如通过选用更高效电器来使住户生活更快意、简约账单开支,并在这也曾由中共同应酬阵势危机。

- We've already learned that clean energy is increasing at an exponential rate.

- 我们已经了解到,清洁能源正以指数级速率增长。

So a project like this really gives me hope because decisions we make in the home are key to getting to net zero.

因此,这么的口头照实让我充满但愿,因为我们在家庭中作念出的决策是好意思满净零排放的要道。

But an ambitious project like this could use the help of some heavy hitters.

但像这么的自利自为的口头可能需要一些分量级东谈主物的匡助。

And prominent social and environmental justice advocate Stacey Abrams is the perfect person.

而闻名的社会和环境正义倡导者斯黛西·艾布拉姆斯恰是无缺的东谈主选。

So can you tell me a little bit more about the Desoto project?

那么,你能跟我多讲讲德索托口头吗?

- I have had the privilege for the last year and a half to work with Rewiring America as their senior council.

- 往常一年半,我有幸担任Rewiring America的高等照应人,参与了他们的处事。

And one of my projects was thinking about how do we engage communities in the transition to electrification.

其中一个口头是念念考我们如安在向电气化的过渡中与社区互动。

But for me, the most exciting idea was to come down to Desoto to a small town in rural Georgia in the Black Belt.

但对我而言,最激昂东谈主心的想法是赶赴佐治亚州黑带地区的农村小镇德索托。

The original intent was to do a handful of homes like we're doing around the country.

来源的想法是像我们在宇宙其他地点作念的那样,纠正几户家庭。

But when I got a chance to come down here and drive around, I called the head of Rewiring and said, "instead of just doing a demonstration in a few homes, why don't we rewire Desoto?" And Ari was game.

但当我有契机来到这里四处转转时,我打电话给Rewiring的追究东谈主说:“与其只在几户东谈主家作念示范,我们何不重新布线通盘德索托呢?”阿里对此默示赞同。

And so Desoto became the demonstration of what we can do when we rewire communities.

于是,德索托成了我们重塑社区时所能成就的典范。

- It seems like Georgia has become this kind of powerhouse for renewables.

- 看来乔治亚州已成为可再生能源的强壮推能源。

- You're absolutely correct and I think what's so important to me in this moment is that we understand what it means.

- 您说得完全正确,我觉得此刻对我来说最遑急的是我们要交融这道理安在。

Electrification is really about saying we have more efficient machines that can heat and cool your home, heat and cool your water, heat and cook your food.

电气化执行上意味着我们领有更高效的机器, 不错为您的家庭供温顺降温,为您的水加热和降温, 为您的食品加热和烹调。

And we can do so where it costs you less money, it's more efficient, it's cleaner.

我们能够作念到这些,不仅资本更低、后果更高,而且愈加清洁。

Instead of it being a conversation about sacrifice, it's a conversation about opportunity.

这不是对于毁灭的推断,而是对于机遇的推断。

And that's why I'm so excited about electrification.

而这恰是我为什么对电气化如斯快乐。

- We're in a global race to reach net zero emissions as soon as possible.

我们正处在一场全球竞赛中,竭力尽快好意思满净零排放。

And that means getting off fossil fuels.

这意味着我们需要开脱对化石燃料的依赖。

Essentially, we need to stop burning stuff to meet our energy needs.

本色上,我们需要罢手烧毁物资来讲理能源需求。

This is a big project, but I'm hopeful because our short term incentives are finally beginning to line up with our climate goals because renewable energy is quickly becoming the cheapest option.

这是一个大口头,但我充满但愿,因为我们的短期激发纪律终于开动与我们的阵势主见一致,因为可再生能源正速即成为最低廉的接收。

- If you had told me a decade ago that the cost of solar panels would've fallen by 90%, the cost of batteries would've fallen by 90%, the cost of wind power would've fallen by two thirds.

- 要是十年前你告诉我, 太阳能电板板资本会着落90%,电板资本也会着落90%,风能资本则会着落三分之二, 我可能会相等怀疑, 因为这些数字确凿太大了, 但事实照实如斯。

I'd have been pretty skeptical, like those are big numbers, but we did.

我会额外怀疑的,因为这些数字太大了,但事实照实如斯。

- In the US we are rapidly decarbonizing electricity, which is one of the biggest sources for greenhouse gases.

在好意思国,我们正在速即减少电力的碳排放,而电力是温室气体的最大来源之一。

But greening the grid is the easy part.

但使电网绿色化是容易的部分。

The work ahead of us is a lot more tricky.

我们濒临的处事要辣手得多。

- So right now we're seeing a lot of progress in decarbonizing electricity because clean energy is cheap.

是以当今我们在电力脱碳方面看到了许多进展,因为清洁能源很低廉。

We're seeing some progress in light vehicles because electric vehicles are becoming cheap and taking off.

轻型车辆界限正取得一些进展,因为电动汽车正变得低价且速即普及。

But we're going to have to see similar progress in buildings.

但在建筑界限,AG百家乐怎么稳赢我们也必须看到雷同的进展。

You know, get rid of natural gas furnaces, replace them with heat pumps.

你知谈,要淘汰自然气炉,用热泵革命创制。

We're going to have to see decarbonization in the commercial sector and in the industrial sector.

我们必须在贸易界限和工业界限好意思满去碳化。

And there's some sectors like agriculture that are just going to be really hard to fully decarbonize.

还有一些界限,如农业,将真的很难好意思满完全脱碳。

- Another one of those really hard to decarbonize sectors is aviation, which accounts for about 9% of our transportation emissions.

- 另一个难以好意思满完全脱碳的行业是航空业,它约占我们交通运输排放量的9%。

But even here we're starting to see real, tangible progress.

但即便在航空界限,我们也开动见阐述确凿在的进展。

- So this here is Alia, and Alia is a fully electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft.

这是Alia,Alia是一款全电动垂直起降飞机。

- This is absolutely amazing.

这确凿太令东谈主咋舌了。

Walk me through it.

给我讲讲这个。

I'm seeing all these big propellers.

我看到这些大螺旋桨。

This doesn't look like a traditional aircraft.

这看起来不像传统的飞机。

For most of aviation history, electric planes weren't viable because batteries were just too heavy.

在航空历史的大部分时辰里,电动飞机并不行行,因为电板确凿是太重了。

But energy storage has gotten lighter and Beta's aircraft needs less energy because it slides through the air more efficiently than older planes.

但能源储存变得更轻,Beta的飞机所需能量更少,因为它比旧式飞机更高效地滑翔于空中。

One of their first real world use cases is shipping packages.

其早期执行应用之一即是快递运输。

But since not all distribution centers have airstrips, they designed a plane that takes off and lands vertically and I got to fly it.

但是, 并非通盘配送中心王人配备有机场跑谈,因此他们筹画了一款能够垂直起降的飞机, 而我得以体验了一把驾驶它的嗅觉。

Well kind of.

算是吧。

- We've got our Alia 250 aircraft teed up in the high fidelity simulator to teach you how to take off and land from your home field, Atlanta Hutch Field Airport.

我们已经在高保真模拟器中准备好了Alia 250飞机,教你何如从你的家乡机场——亚特兰大哈奇菲尔德机场升起和降落。

- I'm so excited.

我太快乐了。

- Alright, let's do it.

- 好了,让我们开动吧。

- Let's do it.

- 我们开动吧。

- And you're gonna get right into that right seat.

- 你会径直坐到右边的座位。

- Okay.

- 好的。

- And then I'm gonna hop in the left seat and I'm gonna talk you through some of the avionics and flight control systems so we can get airborne here in a second.

然后我会坐到左座,向你领导一些航空电子开发和飘动限制系统,这么我们很快就能升起了。

- This, I've never done anything like this.

这个,我从来莫得作念过这么的事情。

- You see about seven?

你看到爽直七个了吗?

Yeah, right about there.

嗯,就在那里。

Okay.

好。

Let go of everything.

缩小一切。

So with with your right hand, just twist and hold, twist and hold, and that's how you control the yaw.

是以用你的右手, 只需旋转并捏住,旋转并捏住, 这么你就限制了偏航。

- This is so realistic.

- 这太传神了。

This is not moving at all.

这根底没动。

But when I'm turning like I feel like, - Yeah, you, you, - I'm moving.

但当我像嗅觉的那样动掸时,——对,你,你,——我就动起来了。

- You actually feel like you're flying.

- 你真的嗅觉像是在飞行。

- And I have to say, even though I'm a nervous flyer, it was so cool to be in front of the controls.

而且我必须说,尽管我是个垂危的乘客,但在驾驶舱前边操控的嗅觉真的很酷。

- Add a little power because we're coming down pretty good.

加小数能源,因为我们着落得额外快。

Right about there.

就在那里。

And just let it settle.

就这么,让它褂讪下来。

You do better than some of our test pilots, Maiya.

你比我们的一些试飞员作念得更好,玛雅。

- Really?

- 真的吗?

- All the way down.

一直到底。

Push it all the way down now.

当今把它完全推下去。

- Oh, all right.

- 哦,好吧。

I just flew and landed an electric plane.

我刚驾驶并降落了一架电动飞机。

I'm a pilot.

我是又名飘动员。

Paint a picture of Beta fully realized.

描写一幅Beta完全好意思满的图景。

- Aviation is at like this really interesting inflection point of change.

- 航空业正处于一个极为引东谈主预防的变革转机点。

So we have a long ways to go.

因此,我们还有很长的路要走。

We have the class aircraft that I just showed you, moving things efficiently between hospitals and package delivery centers.

我们领有我刚才展示给你们的那种高效运输器具,能在病院和包裹配送中心之间快速转运物品。

We have larger aircraft moving passengers regionally in the next decade, and then across the entire country in the next 20 years.

我们有更大的飞机在将来十年内进行区域内的乘客运输,然后在接下来的20年内好意思满宇宙范围内的运输。

- So you're telling me that in, say, 20 years, I'm gonna be taking a flight from Atlanta to LA in an all electric plane.

- 是以你是说,比如说20年后, 我会乘坐一架全电动飞机从亚特兰大飞往洛杉矶。

- Absolutely.

- 总共。

- And this change is happening on a national and global scale.

这一变革正在宇宙乃至全球范围内张开。

We all know electric vehicles have been taking off recently, but there are bigger plans in the works.

大家皆知, 电动汽车近来发展迅猛,但是, 更为盛大的策动正在酝酿之中。

The Aspire program, for instance, is developing a network of electric highways that can charge vehicles while they drive.

举例,Aspire口头正在开发一种电动高速公路网罗,能够在车辆行驶经由中为其充电。

At the same time, batteries are improving at an exponential rate.

同期,电板工夫正以指数级速率拔擢。

This means more of the energy generated from renewable sources like wind and solar can be available when the sun isn't shining or the wind isn't blowing.

这意味着,当太阳不照射或风不吹时,来自风能和太阳能等可再生资源产生的更多能量不错被使用。

And we're seeing new kinds of energy storage.

我们正看到新的能源存储方式。

Green hydrogen, for example, only emits water as a byproduct and is emerging as a key power source for the most challenging sectors to decarbonize like aviation and shipping.

举例,绿色氢气看成副家具仅排放水,正牢固成为航空和航运等最难脱碳界限的遑急能源来源。

And gravity batteries use excess electricity from renewable sources to lift up heavy objects, then generate power when they're lowered back down, making them useful for balancing supply and demand in a renewable energy grid.

而重力电板则欺诈可再生能源产生的富裕电力来拔擢重物,当这些重物被放回时则产生电力,从而在可再生能源电网中起到均衡供需的作用。

The clean energy transition is truly a positive tipping point and it's well underway.

清洁能源转型真恰是一个积极的转机点,而且已经全面张开。

- What makes me most optimistic is the rapid developments we've seen in technologies like solar, like wind, like electric vehicles.

- 让我最为乐不雅的是,我们在太阳能、风能、电动汽车等工夫界限所见证的迅猛发展。

If we didn't have those technologies, I'd be very, very pessimistic about the future that we were headed for.

要是莫得这些工夫,我对我们的将来将会相等、相等悲不雅。

- But even with all this innovation, we're still projected to double global warming.

- 即便有了这些变嫌,我们仍瞻望全球变暖将加重一倍。

The only way to change that is to speed up the transition as much as possible.

惟一能改变这一趋势的方法是尽可能加速转型程度。

And we can't rely on technology alone to reduce emissions all the way to zero, at least not anytime soon.

我们无法仅依赖工夫将排放量一齐降至零,至少在不久的将来还作念不到。

But we can get to net zero, which means balancing the amount of greenhouse gases emitted with an equal amount removed from the atmosphere.

但我们能够好意思满净零排放,这意味着均衡排放的温室气体与从大气中移除的等量气体。

That means pulling carbon out of the atmosphere.

这意味着从大气中提真金不怕火碳。

Tech solutions like direct air capture, involve sucking up air and filtering out the carbon dioxide.

像径直空气捕捉这么的工夫惩办决议,触及吸取空气并通过过滤去除其中的二氧化碳。

But this is still expensive and energy intensive and it'll also need time to mature and scale.

但这也曾由仍资本昂贵且耗能巨大,还需时辰熟悉并扩大界限。

Fortunately, nature has been working on this a lot longer than we have.

庆幸的是,大当然在这方面已经辩论了比我们更长的时辰,况且其惩办决议现已熟悉。

And its solutions are ready now.

其惩办决议现已就绪。

- We've dug ourselves a pretty big climate hole.

- 我们已经给我方挖了一个额外大的阵势罗网。

And so we're gonna need a combination of clever industry and verifiable, confident, nature-based solutions.

是以我们需要灵巧的工业和工夫与可考证的、可靠的基于当然的惩办决议相结合。

We're gonna need both.

我们两个王人需要。

- And some of those natural solutions can help to not only get us out of the climate crisis, but also to mitigate some of the impacts of climate change along the way.

- 而且其中一些当然惩办决议不仅能匡助我们开脱阵势危机,还能在经由中减轻阵势变化的一些影响。

So we're here in Florida to learn more about mangroves and how they support ecosystems and how they can help to fight climate change.

是以我们来到佛罗里达州,了解更多对于红树林的信息,它们何如救助生态系统,以及它们何如匡助抗拒阵势变化。

So we're about to get on the boat to explore this nature-based solution.

因此,我们行将登船,深刻探索这一基于当然的惩办决议。

Mangroves are unique ecosystems made up of trees and shrubs that grow in tropical and subtropical coastal areas around the world.

红树林是由树木和灌木构成的专有生态系统,滋长辞世界各地的热带和亚热带沿海地区。

- They're incredibly important for fish habitat, for food, for local communities, for storm protection, but they also store a lot of carbon.

- 它们对于鱼类栖息地、食品来源、当地社区以及风暴驻扎至关遑急,同期还能储存广泛碳。

So you have these massive carbon reservoirs, just rimming the tropical coastlines.

因此,这些巨大的碳储存库,就环绕在热带海岸线上。

- Okay, so we're about to land on Firecracker Island and we're going to be planting mangroves on an eroded shoreline.

好的,是以我们行将降落在人烟岛上,并将在一个侵蚀的海岸线上莳植红树。

- Alright, let's go do it.

好的,我们这就步履。

In addition to the carbon removal and storage provided by the mangroves that we've planted, they also help to protect the shoreline from erosion.

除此以外,我们莳植的红树林还能匡助保护海岸线免受侵蚀。

And this protection becomes increasingly important.

这种保护变得日益遑急。

As sea levels rise, storms intensify, and storm surges grow more destructive.

跟着海平面高涨,风暴愈发蛮横,风暴潮也变得愈加具有防止性。

But there is a paradox here.

但这里存在一个矛盾。

While mangroves buffer us against the impacts of sea level rise, they're also especially vulnerable to it.

固然红树林能够缓冲海平面高涨的影响,但它们也异常容易受到其影响。

Mangroves can adapt to rising seas by trapping sediment and growing upward and inland, but only to a certain extent.

红树林不错通过拿获千里积物并朝上和向内陆滋长来妥当海平面高涨,但只可在一定程度上。

Studies suggests they can keep pace with about six millimeters of sea level rise per year.

辩论标明,红树林每年能妥当约六毫米的海平面高涨。

Thankfully the current rate is below that at around 3.6 millimeters per year.

庆幸的是,现时的速率低于这个数值,爽直为每年3.6毫米。

The bad news is that this rate is accelerating quickly.

坏音讯是这个速率正在速即加速。

It's already more than doubled from the last century.

这一速率已经比上个世纪翻了一番多。

And if we continue on our current path of greenhouse gas emissions driving our ice caps to melt at an increasingly fast rate, it might not be long before mangroves can't keep up.

要是我们连接沿着现时温室气体排放导致冰盖以越来越快的速率融解的谈路走下去,可能用不了多久, 红树林就无法跟上这种变化了。

And the same is true for many of our most powerful allies in the race to net zero.

这对我们在迈向净零排放竞赛中的许多最强壮盟友通常适用。

Temperate and tropical forests are the most effective nature-based climate solutions that we have.

温带和热带丛林是我们最灵验的基于当然的阵势惩办决议。

But warmer temperatures weaken their ability to capture and store carbon and oceans, which currently absorb an unbelievable 25% of all of our CO2 emissions are slowly losing their ability to absorb carbon with warmer temperatures.

但气温升高削弱了它们(温带和热带丛林)拿获和储存碳的智力,而面前领受了我们通盘二氧化碳排放量中令东谈主难以置信的25%的海洋, 跟着温度高涨, 其领受碳的智力也在牢固减弱。

The stakes are high and we need these natural ecosystems to help us get to net zero.

风险巨大,我们需要这些当然生态系统助我们好意思满净零排放。

- When we get to that place of climate stabilization, of lower greenhouse gas, what kind of world do we want that to be?

- 当我们达到阵势褂讪、温室气体减少的阶段时,我们但愿这个世界是什么样的?

You could imagine at one extreme end a world dominated by direct air capture, where it's a lot of industrial plants sucking carbon out of the atmosphere as fast as we put it in.

你不错联想, 在一个极点的情况下, 世界将被径直空气拿获工夫主导,那里将有许多工业时势以我们排放碳的速率从大气中吸取碳。

And on the other hand, you could imagine one where it's mostly been attacked through nature-based climate solutions where we actually do have those forests.

另一方面,你不错联想一个主要通过基于当然的阵势惩办决议来应酬的世界,在这个世界里,我们照实领有那些丛林。

We kept them around, we improved the ways in which we managed our agricultural lands, we improved our preservation of grasslands.

我们保留了这些丛林,改进了农业用地的经管方式,拔擢了草原的保护纪律。

We have a healthier ocean.

我们领有更健康的海洋。

- But for these systems to help us actually reach net zero, we also have to help them, which means not only protecting them from degradation, but also lowering our emissions by continuing to develop and deploy green technologies as fast as possible.

但是, 为了让这些系统信得过匡助我们好意思满净零排放,我们也必须匡助它们, 这意味着不仅要保护它们免受退化,还要通过连接开发和部署绿色工夫尽可能快地镌汰我们的排放。

But this transition won't always be easy.

但这一瞥型并非老是垂手而得。

- Solving climate change isn't going to be small and beautiful.

- 惩办阵势变化问题不会是工整而优雅的。

It's going to be big and messy.

这将会是大界限且错杂的。

We're going to have to replace our entire energy infrastructure with local carbon alternatives.

我们不得不将通盘能源基础时势替换为腹地碳替代决议。

And that requires, you know, mining, it requires building things, it requires some emissions and producing these things that then reduce emissions.

这就需要开采矿物,需要成就时势, 会产生一些排放, 并制造出这些随后能减少排放的开发。

But when we look at the math, you know, a solar panel is 97% better than a gas turbine.

但当我们看数据时,你知谈,一块太阳能板比一台燃气轮机好97%。

- People are looking for the perfect solution, the perfect solution that needs no land, that needs no minerals, that has zero impacts whatsoever.

- 东谈主们追求的是无缺惩办决议,一种无需地皮、无需矿物资源、且毫无任何影响的期望决议。

And I think the reality is, if that's what we're looking for, we will get stuck and we'll get stuck on a system of fossil fuels.

我觉得现实情况是, 要是我们追求的是那种期望化的惩办决议,我们就会堕入窘境, 最结尾限于化石燃料体系。

But what we're looking for is environmental impacts that are orders of magnitude lower and better than our existing fossil fuel system.

但我们所追求的是环境影响要比现存的化石燃料系统低几个数目级且更好。

And the reality is that shift towards low carbon energy and electrification will do that.

而现实情况是,向低碳能源和电气化的转型将好意思满这一主见。

- And the path forward involves all of us in order to avoid the worst impacts of climate change and tipping points like the collapse of the AMOC, we have to act now.

- 为了侧目阵势变化最恶劣的影响及诸如大泰西经向翻转环流(AMOC)崩溃等临界点, 我们通盘东谈主王人需参与其中,当今就必须选用步履。

- The warmer gets the worse it gets.

阵势越暖,情况就越糟。

Or as we climate scientists like to say, every 10th of a degree matters.

或者说,就像我们阵势科学家常说的,每升高零点几度王人很遑急。

It's not that the world passes a tipping point walks off a cliff and it's over.

并非世界一朝越过临界点,坠入峭壁,一切就罢表现。

It's more about how much of the damages we can reduce and how intact a world we can pass down to future generations.

更要道的是,我们能减少若干挫伤,以及我们能将一个何等完整无损的世界传承给后代。

- We know that it took too many years to convince Americans that there was risk and now people are feeling it every day, but it's still difficult to connect the dots.

- 我们知谈, 花了太多年的时辰才让好意思国东谈主敬佩存在风险, 当今东谈主们每天王人感受到了这小数,但要将这些点流通起来仍然很贫苦。

We have a small window to not only convince America that there is a problem, but to convince America that we can be a part of the solution.

我们有一个片晌的契机窗口,不仅要让好意思国东谈主敬佩存在问题,还要让好意思国东谈主敬佩我们不错成为惩办问题的一部分。

- In the face of these enormous changes that we're already beginning to tackle on so many different levels.

面对我们在许多不同层面上已经开动应酬的巨大变革。

It's absolutely necessary to maintain a sense of hope in order to keep going.

为了连接前行,保持但愿感是总共必要的。

So I wanted to know how Lisa feels about the future.

因此,我想了解丽莎对将来的感受。

She's measured the slowdown of the Gulf Stream, which is likely because of climate change.

她测量了墨西哥湾流的延缓,这很可能是因为阵势变化。

She's witnessed firsthand some of the massive impacts that humans have caused.

她亲眼目击了东谈主类行径形成的一些巨大影响。

- Alright, come on up.

- 好的,上来吧。

- Oh wow.

- 哦,哇。

I'm just so curious what gives you hope?

我就是很敬爱,是什么给你带来了但愿?

Because this type of work can be a little depressing at times.

因为这种处事偶然会有点令东谈主痛恨。

- I know, right?

我知谈,对吧?

It's kind of like we're witnessing the degradation of our natural world in real time.

有点像我们正在及时目击当然世界的退化。

- Yeah.

- 是的。

- But you know, these past 20 or 30 years, it's not just climate scientists like me who've been trying to understand the earth system and how climate is affecting it, how, how humans are affecting it, but also, you know, economists and people, engineers, people developing technology, entrepreneurs, a huge sector of people have been thinking about how we solve this issue.

- 但你知谈,往常二三十年间,不单是是像我这么的阵势科学家在努力交融地球系统过甚受阵势影响的程度,以及东谈主类行径对其的影响,还有经济学家、工程师、工夫开发者、企业家,以及一个庞杂的群体,王人在念念考何如惩办这个问题。

And so that gives me hope.

这让我看到了但愿。

You know, we got this.

你知谈吗,我们能行的。

We just have to embrace change.

我们只需要拥抱变化。

- Over the last year, I've traveled from the Arctic to the equator, had some unbelievable experiences and spoken to some of the smartest and most inspiring people on Earth, all to try to understand the future of our climate.

往常一年里, 我从北极旅行到赤谈,资格了许多难以置信的事情, 并与地球上一些最灵巧、最具启发性的东谈主物进行了交谈,这一切王人是为了试图交融我们阵势的将来。

And I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried.

要是我说我方不顾虑,那我就是在撒谎。

But the stories of resilience, resourcefulness, and innovation have left me feeling inspired from the cutting edge renewable technologies to the vital role of our natural ecosystems.

但是,对于韧性、资源性和变嫌的故事让我从前沿的可再生工夫到我们当然生态系统的至关遑急作用王人感到备受饱读励。

It's clear we have the tools and the ability to reach a net zero future.

昭着,我们领有达到净零将来所需的器具和智力。

The only thing that stands in our way is ourselves.

惟一违反我们前杰出伐的AG真人百家乐线路,恰是我们我方。